General ATV Operation Rules
1. RIDE SOBER. Drug and/ or alcohol use is prohibited. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
2. NO DOUBLE RIDING. Our Quads are not designed to carry a passenger.
3. NO EXTREME RIDING, NO DRAG RACING, NO WHEELIES OR LIFTING THE FRONT TIRES OFF THE GROUND, NO JUMPING AND NO DONUTS. There's a potential to flip the ATV back onto the rider. Tires can lose the air seal, and it may not be noticeable until a later time. Remount charge is $6 per tire. Tip over / Rollover / Impact charge is $35 minimum. No Exceptions.
4. STAY OUT OF THE TRAILS. Trails are very DANGEROUS because of the limited visibility and only wide enough for one vehicle at a time. Flags tend to break within the trees, and you will be ticketed for driving a vehicle on the sand without a flag. Ride only on the open sand.
5. STAY AWAY FROM THE OCEAN AND SALTY SAND. Do not drive out onto the beach. Quicksand pockets can bring your vehicle to a sudden stop. Salt water is highly corrosive to the electrical parts and could cause the vehicle to stall. The salty sand corrodes the metal finishes and you may be charged. Salt corrosion fee is $100 minimum. Please avoid driving through any surface water.
6. RIDE SAFELY, DRIVE DEFENSIVELY. Practice handling your machine until you are confident. Carefully choose the places to ride. Watch for obstacles like stumps and rocks and other riders at all times. Watch for the flags of other riders and don’t assume that other riders see you.
7. DO NOT OPERATE AT UNSAFE SPEEDS. GO SLOW on rocky or paved areas. Excessive speed may cause you to lose control of your vehicle causing rollover, collision, or throw you completely off. Vehicles have sand paddles, which are not durable on pavement or other hard surfaces and can easily tear.
8. USE CAUTION WHEN APPROACHING THE CREST OF THE DUNES. Collisions occur often because neither rider sees the other until it is too late. Please post a spotter, a person on an ATV watching for traffic near the crest.
9. AN ADULT MUST RIDE ALONG SIDE CHILDREN. The Park Ranger will stop you with a warning if youths under 16 are not within your control or you cannot provide immediate assistance. No more than 50’ for experienced riders, and less if your child has had no experience in the sand. Make sure that he/she knows and follows all the General Rules and that the ATV is operated properly. We insist that all minors have your full attention at all times. The Primary Party is responsible for mechanical breakdowns and damage due to improper operation.
10. STAY AWAY FROM AREAS THAT LOOK TOO STEEP ( 30 DEGREE INCLINE MAX ), OR APPEAR TO HAVE NO OTHER WAY OUT. Stay off the face of the bowls. Stay out of the tree shots. Most of our ATV's are not powerful enough for the very steepest dunes. If you cannot ascend a hill, try to level off and approach sideways, or stop and back down carefully. There is a rescue charge for getting stuck in these areas. We do not reimburse for towing.
11. DO NOT SPIN TIRES WHEN YOU ARE STUCK. This will only dig deeper and wear out the clutch, gearing or break the drive belt or chain, (replacement charges apply) leaving you stranded. When stuck, shut the engine off, dismount the vehicle, clear the sand around tires and/or under ATV, or manually move your ATV so the tires are out of the ruts. Most folks are nice and will help you if you need help. Again, we do not reimburse for towing.
12. DO NOT PUSH ONE VEHICLE WITH ANOTHER. Please, apply the tow strap low on the frame of the ATV's only. Not on the muffler, axle, A - frame, or steering. If someone is kind enough to pull you, take charge of where you want your end of the strap to avoid damage to your vehicle.
13. OBEY ALL POSTED SIGNS. READ THE POSTED RULES IN THE RIDING AREA AND KIOSK. Operate ATV’s on approved land only with the utmost caution and in full compliance with all applicable laws of the State of Oregon.
14. VEHICLE MAINTENANCE. Before each ride, • Make sure the tires look properly inflated, 3 to 4 lbs of pressure. • Check gas and coolant levels, and refuel carefully. Do not get sand or water in these reservoirs. • Allow cold engine to warm up for 5 minutes. • AVOID ENGINE OVERUSE. Shut off ATV occasionally to allow cool down time while parked. • Do not clean the quads before returning them. If you attempt to wipe sand from the ATV's you will scratch the finish. We rinse any sand right off with a hose and wash the quads during our final inspection. • If you ride in any mud, including “surf mud”, you can expect to pay $35 mud clean-up fee for each vehicle. Salt clean-up fee is $100.
15. YOU MUST WEAR A HELMET WHILE OPERATING ANY OF OUR ATVS. Chin straps must be fastened. Do not leave your helmet in the sand. Adjust helmet visors carefully so as not to break them. Do not stretch your goggles across the visor or the nose of the helmet to avoid scraping the lens.
16. CONTACT AUTHORITIES IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT WITH ANOTHER PARTY. Please involve the park authorities and exchange information with other riders for your insurance company.
17. REPORT ALL DAMAGES AND LOSS. Do not leave a vehicle unattended. The named operator is responsible for his/ her ATV at all times. Any damage or loss to ATV’s or equipment will be charged to the credit card of the primary party listed on rental agreement. Our complete inspection is 72 hours max.